The holidays can be a great time to get out of town to visit family you rarely get to see, hit the slopes or flee to the beach. Regardless of how you spend your time away, you need to ensure your house stays safe while you’re gone.
A house left empty can be an opportunity for burglars, so before you pack your bags, prepare to protect the stuff that’s staying at home in Louisiana.
At Englade Boudreaux Waguespack Insurance, we want to make it a little easier for you to get out of town with peace of mind and return to everything you left behind, so here are some pointers for prepping your home before you travel.
- Lock it up. Check and double-check that you have locked all the doors and windows.
- Check under the mat. If you store an extra key outside your house, remove it. Instead, give the key to a trusted friend or neighbor in case someone needs to enter in an emergency.
- Communicate. Inform a friend or neighbor that you will be away. Ask them to keep an eye on the house, and give them a way to reach you to report any suspicious activity. But don’t communicate your absence on social media!
- Forego deliveries. Make sure to stop delivery of packages, mail, newspapers, and anything else that could pile up on your porch. Ask your trusted friend or neighbor to pick these items up every other day.
- Remove temptations. Do not leave wrapped gifts or expensive electronics visible through windows and doors.
From Englade Boudreaux Waguespack Insurance, we wish you, your family (and your home and belongings) a very safe and joyous holiday!
For further questions and assistance with any of your insurance needs, please contact Englade Boudreaux Waguespack Insurance at 225-869-5364 or WeCanHelp [at] ebwins [dot] com.