Jump to navigation

Builder's Risk Insurance

from Englade Boudreaux Waguespack Insurance

Builder’s risk insurance is a special type of insurance designed to protect property under construction. Its coverage is designed to protect the policy holder’s insurable interest in materials, fixtures and/ or equipment that is used in the construction or renovation of a building or structure. It varies from Carrier to Carrier because there is such a wide variety of need since it covers from custom homebuilders to commercial contractors.

As you can imagine, anything that can happen to a finished building can also happen to one that is under construction including fire, lightening, wind and the like. Some losses very common on construction projects include vandalism and theft of materials and equipment.

Coverage is generally for the period of construction only. When work is completed and the property is ready to use, this coverage is generally terminated and the property owner should purchase your more common homeowners or business insurance.

Liability insurance is generally carried by the general contractor and not the building owner. Be sure to have this in writing in your contract.

Contact the professional agents at Englade Boudreaux Waguespack Insurance to assist you with your Builder’s Risk Insurance.

Want to find out more about your Business Insurance options?

Lutcher Commercial Liability insurance

Bookmark our mobile site visit m.ebwins.com

Information you need, when and where you need it most. More »

Our Insurance Companies

Safeco Insurance

Englade Boudreaux Waguespack Insurance

Our location

1891 Cabanose Ave
Lutcher, Louisiana 70071
Jump to navigation
Mon-Thu 8:30AM-5PM   |  Fri: 8:30am - 4pm

© 2020 Englade Boudreaux Waguespack Insurance